04 Reality

[Flashback]

Park Shinman gazed at his leader for more convincing words. He just can’t swallow what he just heard. “You want me to what?” he asked again for confirmation.

“Kill Kang Pyojin, I don’t want to repeat myself,” Wong Shitake ordered his underling, Park Shinman.

This time, it was no joke. Wong Shitake DID ordered him to kill his bestfriend, Kang Pyojin. He wanted to know the reasons. He wanted to know what Pyojin had done until Wong Shitake wanted him dead. Worst, in his hands. His leader knew that Shinman and Pyojin are besties. Wherever they go, they always stuck together.

“There is no forgiveness in betraying me,” Wong stated.

‘Pyojin betrayed him? But-why…?’ Shinman thought.

[End of Flashback]

“Father, you called for me?” Wong Takeda asked as he entered his father’s office room. The room was very neat. The huge vase that his father bought from Japan stood in the middle of the room. The book shelves crafted from the best craftmen in Czech were filled with all types of books. From politics to story books. Sometimes, Takeda wondered whether his dad read them all.

“I heard there’s a dance party coming up at school,” he paused with a grinned. “Have you found yourself a date?”

“Dad, that’s none of your concern. Just concentrate on your work and don’t bug me,” Takeda said sternly. Shitake was his dad alright. But everything, he had to follow his orders. The other day, he went and introduced her to Park Raeyeon. Match-making them. In return, his dad promised not to quit him from football.

Wong Shitake stood and wondered around the room. “Why don’t you ask Raeyeon? Maybe she’ll be glad to have you as her date,” he smiled to his son. Somehow, his smile had a lot of meanings.

“I’ve done you enough favors.”

“Then add more of it.”

“You’re sick.”

“And you’re the sick man’s son.”

Takeda shut his mouth. The more he tried to be rebellious, the more he’s in trouble. He should have known. Everytime he was called out to his father’s office, there’s things he was ordered to do. More like, forced to do. His father would do anything to get things he wanted even if he had to drag his own son to hell. “What do I get in exchange?”

“That’s my boy..” Wong smirked. “You get her, that’s the exchange. You’ll thank me later, kid.”

Takeda scoffed. “Dream on,” he said and strode out of the room.

The smile Wong had turned wryly, he looked at his men. “Do your job and don’t mess up,” he said and his men bowed to his orders.

It was morning; Raeyeon can’t get herself out of the bed. She felt so tired of thinking about what had happened the other day with all the shooting and stuff. She sat up and yawned.

“Good Morning, Princess,”

She rubbed her eyes several times and her vision isn’t lying to her. Yonghwa was standing there. In front her bed. “Whoah! What are you doing in my room?!” she yelled and pulled her sheet closer to her chest.

"You’re hibernating..”

“Huh?”

“I can’t believe a girl snores that loud,” Yonghwa stated with the face telling, your-a-girl-for-god-sake.

She glared at him and threw the pillow. “You’re the worst.”

“You know, someone told me to wake you up and….. Send you to school or college or something, are they talking any senses?”

“I’m a college student, you idiot.”

“I thought you’re married.” He blurted out sarcastically.

“Get out of my room..”

“You’re not going to ask how’s my arm doing?”

“Judging from your attitude, I think you’ve survive.”

“Hurry up. I’ll wait for you downstairs.” He finally said and made his way out of her room.

Raeyeon stared as he shut the door behind him. As she remembered what had happen, she can’t stop herself but to think and wonder. Something is up. But what?

Yonghwa parked the car as they arrived at her college. The college she attends to is a very special college built for the rich society and not to mention all the mafia’s heir, sons and daughters. “Aren’t you coming?” she asked him.

He took a glimpse at Raeyeon. “Do I have too?” he asked. He didn’t receive any orders saying that he had to be with her at school. He thought sending her was more than enough.

She grinned. “Suits you..” she slammed the car door and ate up the lollipop she took from her desk. While holding the lollipop, she waved a goodbye to Yonghwa and strode towards the hallway.

Yonghwa cursed under his breath and slammed the car door behind him. “This game is complicated that I’ve imagine,” he muttered and followed the trail Raeyeon went to.

While Raeyeon was walking to her locker, she saw the sight of Hyejin and Jonghyun marching towards her direction. Hyejin asked Jonghyun to leave her so that she could speak to Raeyeon alone. When Jonghyun was out of sight, Hyejin stopped beside her. “Good Morning,” she greeted sarcastically.

“Don’t you dare ruin my mood this early,” Raeyeon warned her.

Hyejin faced herself to Raeyeon. “Who said you’re going to have a peaceful life? I’ve got my eyes on you,” she said solemnly.

“If you dare hurt Yonghwa again or my dad, I’ll kill you,” Raeyeon muttered sternly.

She laughed. “You think I tried to hurt them yesterday? Oh come on, I won’t go that low, Raeyeon,” she paused. “But to think that someone is targeting you sounds really interesting, don’t you think?”

“Try being in my place and saying that.”

Hyejin’s face darkened. “You were the one whose suppose to be in MY place.”

“What have I done wrong to you?”

“You were born, that’s what..”

Raeyeon glared at Hyejin. She swallowed hard. This proves that Hyejin hated her a lot more than she thought. Hyejin on the other hand, was satisfied she’s silent Raeyeon with her words. She didn’t say anything after that. Instead, she walked away.

Happily thinking that she ruined Raeyeon’s mood in the morning, she hummed alone. While she was walking towards her lecture hall, someone gripped her arm tight. It was Yonghwa. “Don’t try anything stupid. This is my game,” he said.

“If you’re so into it, why don’t you do your work properly instead of getting hurt,” Hyejin said.

Yonghwa scoffed. “Tell me it wasn’t you.”

“It wasn’t me.” Hyejin said while staring straight into his eyes. “I won’t hire you if this is what I get.” 

As a matter of fact, she’s right. Yonghwa loosened his grip. With a last glimpse, he walked away. Hyejin stood there like a statue. They thought she was the culprit for the incident that happened to them. She wanted to believe that it was her as well but idiotically, there’s no reason for her to have such a thought.  Something was off. She needed to know what.


As the school ends, Yonghwa sigh in exhaustion. Raeyeon was the type where she has lots of friends and everytime they met one, he had to bow and fake a smile. Introducing himself to each and everyone of Raeyeon’s friends. “I don’t know that you’re popular,” he stated while carrying her bag.

“Give me that,” she snatched her bag back. “Things happen,” she answered. “Your bodyguard job ends now. I have some other places that I wish to go. Alone,” she said.

Yonghwa glanced to her. “Well, here’s the deal Miss Raeyeon. I am A bodyguard you know. In order to accomplish such work, I have to guard you 24/7 minus the times you snore,” he teased and went for the car. He swung open the passenger door. “I have to send you home.”

Raeyeon crossed her arms. “Can’t you even hear me? Go home by yourself. I have some other things to do,” she said and walked away from Yonghwa. While walking, she kept cursing and mumbling by herself. Yonghwa is very stubborn and she knew that.

She didn’t have any bodyguard before. Throughout that time, she’s been keeping a secret life from his father and everyone else. She didn’t want to share it. Even with Yonghwa.

“I’M HERE!!!” she yelled as she entered the bakery. She chirped happily to the tall guy who stood with his arms wide open. Clearly, getting ready to receive a hug. “Aigoo. My dongseang miss me so much?” she said and gave him a hug.

“Noona~~ you’re here,” Dongwoon said and hugged her tightly.

“Yah yah! I can’t breathe!” she claimed. He quickly released the hug. “Mianhe..” he chuckled.”Noona, do you wear heels today? You look tall..” Dongwoon asked while eyeing her shoes.

She hit him lightly in the arm. “Yah! I’m not that short..” and end up laughing with Dongwoon.

“Yah Raeyeon ah~ change to uniform quickly, there’s a lot of customer in the café back there,” her manager exclaimed. Her name is Nicole. She came from America and opened the bakery here. She’s a nice manager to start with.

“Araso unnie,” Raeyeon smiled and went to changing. Raeyeon felt very comfortable everytime she’s at the bakery. It felt like home. It’s the only place she could forget what her reality was like.

As Raeyeon stepped to the counter to be the cashier of the day, she took a deep breath and smiled to the customer in front of her. “Can-“ Before anything, her smile died.

“Hey, Raeyeon,” Takeda spoke.

She was speechless of course. No one was supposed to know this place. It’s the only place she wanted to keep out from her mafia world. The only way the person in front of her could appear is when he eventually followed her to this place. “You followed me?” she asked in disbelief.

Takeda was confused by the way her expression is expressing. Somehow, it was like her pride was being step on. “Hyejin said you’ll be here..” he answered.

Raeyeon scoffed.

Dongwoon nudged her. “Noona, what’s wrong?”

“This is not good..” Raeyeon muttered. Like she said. Not good at all.

Few seconds later, a group of mafias entered the bakery. Without giving any warning, they started to crash everything.

“What the hell?” Takeda froze.

“No.. not this place,” Raeyeon muttered under her breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

05 :Masked Man

01;13 years later